It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas at Our Place!

12/02/2015

Last weekend we started putting up the Christmas decorations.


We got the prelit tree out of the box that we have used the last several years, and, well, some of the lights would not light back up on it, so we found ourselves buying a new Christmas tree for downstairs.

And now...now, it's finally, beginning to look like Christmas at our place, and I'm loving it!



I always love how we decorate our steps. Bree and Troy usually does this, and they do a great job!


I also must show you these great throw pillows that I made...real life y'all! I guess all of the decorating just kinda' wore her out!


We are also putting a Christmas tree upstairs, at our doors (that are mostly made of glass, so it just makes sense to have a Christmas tree there)! I'll add a photo of it as soon as it's finished, but we are still working on it.

You see, we are doing something new this year...we started a new tradition of sorts. Each year we each purchase a Christmas ornament to hang on the Christmas tree downstairs. My husband even mentioned how most of the Christmas tree is filled with ornaments that we have chosen over the years. It's a special Christmas tradition to us. We started it when the kids were babies, and we still continue it to this day. 

This year we are starting a new tradition as well.



We are making these wood ornaments...I love photos, anybody who really knows me knows that! They tell our story. So we are selecting photos that we've taken throughout the year, and placing them on these wood ornaments. The Christmas tree upstairs will help us to tell our story (in photos) of 2015. After Christmas is finished, we'll put them in a box to keep, and we will even use some of them on the Christmas tree downstairs for upcoming Christmases. Next year, if the ornaments all turn out as planned, we will make photo ornaments for that year, and so on and so forth. It is just so neat seeing our year's story hanging on our Christmas tree. It's really, really awesome, and I love it!


This Post is also in the Members Area.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your
    sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road.
    Cheers

    My web site -

    ReplyDelete