And...These Are My Valentines!

2/15/2016

sitepicwewokeherupwithabagfullofvalentinesdaygoodiesandibroughthercoffeeinthenewhelloawesomecupthatwegotherfeb142016

We woke her up with a gift bag full of Valentine's Day goodies. She now has chocolate galore, new earrings, and a snazzy new cup that says "Hello, Awesome," (and she really is that, awesome)! I even carried coffee to her while she was still laying in bed, we sat and talked about teenage stuff...the new magazine she got, Rachel Platten's music, and we enjoyed sitting in conversation. Yes, she is awesome. She's an awesome daughter and she's one of my very best friends.

I see so much of myself in her. The way she's looking a little more like me with each passing day, the way she talks just a little too fast (the way I do ), and we even say the exact same thing at the exact same time more times than we can count. I also see a lot of her that's just her...unlike anyone else. She is something special and I feel blessed every single day to call this girl my daughter.

A quote by Ace Frehley sums it up pretty well, "One of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten is my daughter." Yes, yes it is. I love her so!

I also am in my 30s and I am so happy that I still fill out Valentines Day cards!

sitepicfillingoutavalentinesdaycardfeb122016

The evening before Valentine's Day, we went out and ate, we enjoyed good food and the company of each other. "Look at the old man and woman," I said to my husband and kids as we were waiting to be seated at the restaurant. They were in line at the restaurant we were eating at waiting on a table as well. I wasn't being rude by calling them old...I was admiring them. At their age, they were out, it seemed to be just the two of them celebrating Valentine's Day. Their appearance showed them probably to be around their late 70s or early 80s. What a great example they set for today's youth. Don't not show your love to your spouse just because you're married, after all, that's even more of a reason to celebrate, even when you're older! I'm glad my husband and I still take time to celebrate our relationship, and I hope that we are able to do as the old couple was doing when we are older...still celebrate our love then too.

Anyhow, I got some yummy Chicken Alfredo at the restaurant we went to then stopped for a sweet tea on the way home, and later that evening I sat by the fire at home with the leftovers. Yummy!

sitepicourfamhaddinneratcheddarsandnowimhavingleftoversathomebythefirefeb132016

And...there's this guy I am blessed enough to call my husband. He bought me diamonds (earrings and a necklace), he gave me chocolates and a card, but most of all, I have his heart, and that's what I want from him most of all. Yes, I'm definitely one blessed girl!

sitepicforevermyvalentinefeb142016

Valentine's Day weekend was filled with all of these that I love so dearly!

sitepicmysonthoughhetugsatmyheartstringsfeb132016


This Post and More Photos are in the Members Area.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments