A Rainy Day and Flip Flops

11/09/2015


It's a rainy day, but anyone who really knows me knows that I'm a true flip flop wearing girl. Even in the rain, I wear my flip flops! Now, that I really think about it, my Mom did the same thing...she loved her flip flops! So, it should be no surprise that I love mine too! While I'm not my Mom, while I am my own person, I still love the traits that I see of my Mom in me. Likewise, I love the way I see some of myself in my daughter. This is the way life is, and it's beautiful!

As it's the beginning of the work week, while I am in the middle of tackling this mountain of laundry I have to do, while I'm busy as can be clearing out the dishwasher, I'm thankful!

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. -Psalm 100:4 (KJV)

This! This is one of the Bible verses I read today.

So, yes, I am thankful! I'm thankful for so much. As I start this work week, as I do this laundry, as I clear out this dishwasher, I'm thankful. I'm thankful for the clothes we have to wear, that's why we have this mountain of laundry. As I clear out the dishwasher, I'm thankful for the food that made these dishes dirty. Even more so, I'm thankful for these people I call family, they're pretty awesome!

It's a Monday, and I have such a thankful heart!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments