Lemon Filled Doughnuts, Coffee in a Large Cup, and The Word!

11/10/2015


It's Tuesday morning. The rain is coming down. I am scheduled to go into work late today. 

This longer Tuesday morning spent at home includes lemon filled doughnuts and coffee in a large cup.

And this...

Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. -1 Peter 5:5-7 ESV

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. -1 Peter 5:5-7 KJV

This is in my Bible study this morning.

Something you may or may not know about me...I struggle with anxiety. I'm thankful the Lord takes all of my anxiety and worries and puts them in their place. It's just my place to trust in Him, and it's His place to take care of everything that may be out of my control. He holds everything in His hands. The good and the bad times, He's in control, and it's in His hands.

These verses also teach me to be humble. Every gift I have is because of the Lord. I am so blessed, and I realize it!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments