One of the Most Important Goals in this Season

8/18/2015

sitepicmondayislaundrydayatourhouseanditsanicedaytodolaundryoutsideaugust2015

On Mondays I try to get the laundry done and the house cleaned, and the list seems to go on and on.  This Monday was the kids' first day of the school year.  It was a nice day outside, and I wanted to be outside, so I went outside and folded laundry.

As I sat folding laundry I thought of how as I get all of these things to-do checked off of my list, one of the most important things for me to do in this season of my life is raise my kids the way they need to be raised, and Justin and I try to do that.  Some days with busy lives and hectic schedules life is hard, but we realize how blessed we are and what a gift these kids are to us.

As I fold the laundry and think of the what seems to be endless piles I have to do, I also think of how in just a short time my kids will be grown with their own places and doing their own laundry, so I'm going to enjoy this season...even the folding laundry part...I'm going to be thankful for it!

Above all else though...while I'm busy doing our laundry, cleaning the house we live in, and cooking the meals we eat...I'm not going to forget one very, very important thing...it's one of the most important things I can check off of my to-do list at this season in my life.

That's this...

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. -Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments