Counting it All Joy!

8/21/2015

sitepicimaybejustalittleexcitedtohavethesamewallpaperonmytabletasidoonmyphoneaugust2015

So happy to have this matching wallpaper on my phone and tablet! :)

Anyhow...

As I was doing some Bible Reading last night I read this verse, and I really needed this one this week.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:2-4 KJV 
Two things have broke on us this week...I had to get my battery in my vehicle replaced on the kids' very first day of school, and our internet box got struck by lightning the night before last.

I had it all pictured perfectly...the kids first day of school was going to go smoothly. It was gonna be awesome! We were out the door on time, all dressed in new clothes, and it was a Monday, a new start to a new week. My vehicle not starting kinda' put things into perspective for me with what I already knew, but maybe needed to be reminded of once again. Life is good, life is actually great, but it's not a picture perfect world we live in.

Life has its challenges, and it's how we face those challenges that sometimes makes the picture of life, well, a little more colorful. My husband got a battery and replaced it in my vehicle, so it is now fixed. The kids got to school on time and I was taken to work by a great friend. So while it wasn't a picture perfect first day of school, it was not the worst day ever, and I chose to see the joy in our day! The battery wasn't the end of the world and it was still a pretty good Monday!

Then...fast forward to Wednesday night...our internet box got hit by lightning. Yes, two things broke in one week. You know what though? The technicians replaced the internet box Thursday, and that issue is now fixed too.

While this life isn't perfect, it still is so beautiful. Yes, there is an ugly side to life, there is hurting, trouble, heartache, pain, loss, disappointment, trials, and the list goes on. There is also a great side to life: smiles, laughter, happiness, joy, and that list goes on too.

While we've had our troubles this week, I realize they've been minor troubles. Those troubles are also now fixed. I count it all joy...the sunshine and the storms!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments