Today...

6/20/2016


Today...

Today is Monday, it's the first day of Summer. We have so much greatness that's happening this Summer, and I'm excited about all of it. So many great times and memories will be on this Summer journey of ours. 

Today, it also makes my heart ache. My Mom left this world two years ago today. She had a long, hard fight with COPD, and she was one of the strongest women I've ever known. Everyday I see a little more of my Mom in me, and I'm thankful for that. I also am so grateful for music...as my heart ached, as I got into my vehicle this morning my radio was playing the greatest song that could possibly fit today. "In Better Hands Now" by Natalie Grant. 

My Mom had a long hard battle on life support for around 10 days the last days of her earthly life. So, yes, this song is ringing so true in my heart today...

"It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now

It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
Its like the world is silent though I know it isn't true
Its like the breath of Jesus is right here in this room

So take this heart of mine there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
I'm in better hands now"

Today, I'm believing that, with all of my heart. The next time I see my Mama she is gonna' have new lungs and she'll be breathing beautifully. She will have great lungs, as great as she was. 

Today, I'll miss my Mama, and I'll remember. 

This Post is Also in the Members Area.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments