One Phone Call Can Change a Life

12/08/2017


Twenty years ago.
Actually a few days or so before that day he came and talked to me in the hallway at Vocational School and asked if I'd like "a Mountain Dew or something" on our break from classes. I was in Nursing, he in Carpentry. He also had paint on his butt. Yes. I looked. I noticed him a few days or so before this day, and he thought I didn't like him because I kept looking down at the floor when he spoke to me. Truth is, I kept looking down at the floor because I had noticed him earlier and told one of my friends how much I liked him, so I was really nervous when he came and talked to me without even knowing I liked him. Fast forward a few days or so brings us to twenty years ago. Twenty years ago I sent this guy my phone number. Not really thinking he'd call. I gave it to one of my friends in the Nursing class I was taking so she could give the number to him. She went to the same high school as him. You see, Justin and I went to different high schools, we only attended vocational school together. farmlife12032017-0196120317 Twenty years ago. He called, I answered. We began talking. Neither of us knowing we were talking to our future spouse. Neither of us knowing we were talking to the one we would share life and kids with. Neither of us knowing we would fall in love. blessedhesmyhusbandtwo12032017-0168120317 And. Twenty years later. Through the good times and even the tough times, we're still doing something right. Twenty years later, I'm still glad he made that phone call. DSC_6798 Twenty years later. I still love my husband so very much.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments