When Life is Sometimes Hard...

5/14/2017

momsflowersformothersday2017 Like, sometimes on Mother's Day Weekend, when you get to give your mom flowers, and you don't even get to hear her say a simple thanks.  Just because the only way you can give flowers to her is to place them on her grave.  And.  Remember.  Remember the good times as well as the bad, because they and she are what and who helped to shape you in becoming who you are.  That is me, right there!  That's the place I'm at.
 
I realize I'm me because of me and the choices I make, but I make those choices from the experiences that have shaped me as well.
There's been goodness in this life I'm living too though.  Within the last bit there's been things like...
 
Baking. a kitchen smelling of cupcakes and a cheesecake sitting in the fridge.
sundaybakingmay7th2017
happysundaymay7th2017
There's been days on the farm.
farmlifemay2017 13FA7891-5728-4521-858B-5F4ABD7F54AF
Then there have been hard, hard days. Like Mother's Day. It was nice to spend with my guy and kids, but it was a hard day. And I miss my Mama so much.  Above these hard times are joyful times though. The Lord has a way of making all things good.
 
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28
This is what my heart is trusting in this week.  As I walk through this Mother's Day weekend with my kids.  As I walk through this time, I'm walking through it with Jesus. We have great kids and a super family.  We are thankful.  My heart is grateful, and I am blessed!
mothersday2017  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments